Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Monday night, Question city

I don't understand California. Or its customs. Or its people. Je ne comprends rien. When are we finally eaten by mountain lions? And why are earthquakes happening while I'm not here to be petrified by them?

Why do I feel rejected by welcomed rejection emails?

I like this format. I'll continue with questions.

If I were good at math, would I be pursuing a career in the sciences?
If I were pursuing a career in the sciences, would I not hate my job?
Do I really hate my job?
If I'm smart, why am I continually fooled into believing that a non-highly functioning human person is actually highly functioning?
How come I can't see what everyone else sees?
Where can I save money on my car insurance?
Tell me, why does Twitter exist?
And why do people who despise Facebook like Twitter?
What's the difference?
Seriously?
Is social networking more acceptable within the confines of 140 characters?
And while we're on the topic, would you create a Twitter account for your pet?
I'm sorry, is that supposed to be adorable?
And why do I feel threatened by such an absurd person?
Have I mentioned that I am incessantly puzzled by my own emotions?
Is there a kind, adult way to end a friendship with someone who is most likely not even really your friend?
How long does a Chia pet last?
When will I stop feeling like a leper?
How do you know if you have contracted rabies?
Am I a bad person if I give up my cats for adoption?
Will there ever be enough money?
Why is it that nail polishes never lasts more than a few days before cracking at the edges?
Do you understand why, after a 12-hour day at work, I have enough energy to work out and then stay up until midnight (swiss chocolate)?
Is it wrong to be strongly attracted to Seth Rogen?
Do I care?
How upset would I be if I were laid off?
Do I really want to move back to NYC?
How weird is it that I have no real passions beyond writing, reading, music, and food?
And love?
Or are those enough?
Can you really put too many eggs in one basket?
How many is too many?
And how big is the basket?
How's it gonna feel when summer ends?
Is it bedtime?

I think so.

No comments: