Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Every girl wants a pony

I ate too many Cheerios tonight. I'm addicted to cereal. I think it's the sweetness and the texture that I love the most. Or it's that they're made out of crack.

Today, I worked from 7am-8pm, which was especially brutal after participating in an 8-hour improv class the previous day. I left work ecstatic, though. I think it has something to do with how crazy these last few weeks have been. So many social engagements, meeting new people--it's revitalizing.

I think it also has something to do with the Mustang, which I've rented while my car is in the shop. This evening, on my way home, I squealed and giggled when the car suddenly sounded like a club--the depth and richness of the sound system shocked me. I've never had anything close to a decent sound system in any of my (three, used) cars, so it was quite an experience. I made sure to leave a good song on my iPod so I can continue the club atmosphere on the drive to work tomorrow.

Speaking of tomorrow...I'll likely have to return the Mustang in the afternoon. Boo! I do have meetings all day, so perhaps I won't be able to make it in time? I do love my little Beetle--or Beetbox, as I've been calling it--but it ain't no 'Stang.

The way it handles, how the engine purrs and growls, how the hood peeks up into your eyeline, the way your body's pressed back against the seat when you gun it, the lines of the car, the steering wheel, the sexiness and power, the gear shift, the side mirrors, the rear view mirror, the gigantic trunk, the power and muscle, the throttle and thrust., and finally, the way it makes me smile and lose my breath all at the same time. These are all examples of why I want one--need one. Maybe not before June, but soon. Or at least one day. This is the kind of car you make love in, with the top down, parked by the beach and under the stars (so California). I'm puzzled at the mechanics considering that the middle console is large and immobile, and space is tight. Something to tackle when the time comes--someday! Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

okay, if I was into cars and understood the whole car thing I would definitely want what you're talking about. Especially the whole love making by the ocean scene! Well, you'll be with me soon. Make it happen!